Tom Knisely has maintained and woven with hundreds of looms in more than three decades of teaching at The Mannings Handweaving School in rural Pennsylvania. In this video, filmed on location, Tom explains how to get the most from your loom:
- The features, advantages, and quirks of numerous types of jack, countermarch, counterbalance, and table looms
- How to read all kinds of drafts and tie-ups correctly for your loom
- The tools that every weaver should have
- Easy steps to keep your loom and other weaving tools in top working order
- Dozens of tips for trouble-free weaving
From the beams to the bench, from tie-on to tie-up and sheds to shuttles, Tom shows how to prepare yourself and your loom for a satisfying, successful weaving experience.