Well hello there!
So – somehow the first year of our shepherding has come and gone. Wherever did the time go? In this year we have seen some fun things around The Spinning Loft – new fibers from Norway, the development of our new Beth Smith and Down Breed samplers, working with Accokeek to foster Hog Island sheep. We worked with Spirit Trail to field a Tour de Fleece team and with Storey Publishing for Spinzilla. We have learned much and our adventures have brought us idea after floofy idea.
The fall brings us many tasks here at The Spinning Loft. We have leaves new fleeces to sort, orders to plan and dream tools to seek out to bring to you.
We still have just under 2 months to go in 2014 – and it’s the 2 BEST SHOPPING MONTHS!!! We have some excellent goodies in stock and we have even more arriving just for the holidays! Here are just a few suggestions to help you settle in the cozy winter season:
- Want to try a pin loom for sampling? We have Schacht Zoom Looms in stock! These looms are fantastic for sampling or for making quick little projects – or even for making hand woven squares for larger projects like blankets, or sweaters, or totes!
- Are you in need of fiber processing tools? We have combs and cards.
- Haven’t picked up a copy of Beth Smith’s new book? Get one for your favorite spinner! Better still, pair the book with a sampler!
- Now is an excellent time to pick up some more scouring liquid for your fall acquisitions. We stock Kookaburra and Unicorn Power Scour.
- If winter static concerns you when processing wool, a few drops of Unicorn Fiber Rinse (or Kookaburra!) mixed with water in spray bottle helps tame those wooly tresses!
- Did you know The Spinning Loft has knitting needles & Stitch markers? and even knitting, crochet, weaving and yes, felting books? We do! We do! We do!
- And of course we have spindles! Including a small number of ne’er to be produced again Desko spindles.
So in the spirit of the holiday festivities we are offering a 10% site wide discount (* some exclusions apply) now through December 15th – just enter the code HOLIDAY2014 at checkout.
In order to get all the shipping out and have our packages arrive on time to their destinations, we must send out our packages no later than Saturday, December 20th for domestic Priority Mail (First class). International orders we suggest shipping no later than December 13th.
We will also be taking some time to visit family over the holidays and that means a short break in shipping. The site will keep taking orders while we are away – the internet never closes! – but we will have a shipping hiatus from December 21st to January 6th.
After all this, what on earth will we do in this next year? We have a few things in the works. So keep an eye out, listen for our tell-tale bleats and baas, and keep your spinning fingers primed!
Alison, James, and Maximus
Your Spinning Loft Shepherds (and Wooly Overlord)
P.S. If you don’t see something – send us an email with your request. We can usually order it – and if we can’t, we will add it to our wish list and keep you posted.
* Discount coupon does not apply to looms or spinning wheels.