Renowned fiber artist Sara Lamb gives weavers an inside look at her groundbreaking work in Woven Treasures. From inspiration and project planning, to her signature hand-manipulated techniques, Lamb leads weavers through the steps of making exquisite bags using folk weaving techniques that evoke modern ideas in brilliant colors and textures.
Woven Treasures includes:
- An overview of Lamb’s recent bag series.
- An introduction for the weaver to the process of concepting and planning a woven piece.
- A technique section of 6 folk weaving tutorials, such as hand-manipulating weaving techniques with a multi-technique sampler that gives basic instructions for soumak, twining, cut pile, cardweaving, inkle weaving, and plain weave.
- Project instructions for 8 hand-woven bags.
- Sidebars sprinkled throughout the book include the history of folk weaving techniques, as well as Lamb’s signature beaded and stitched embellishment designs.
Woven Treasure’s bag designs allow weavers an immediate sense of accomplishment, and the finished projects can be used and/or displayed as works of art.